* Former WEC champion Carlos Condit recently moved back to New Mexico and officially joined Greg Jackson’s MMA team. Coming off a tough win over Jake Ellenberger, he joined notables GSP, Rashad Evans, Nate Marquardt, and Donald Cerrone on the powerhouse team.
* Spike TV was lighting cigars with $100 bills as The Ultimate Fighter 10: Heavyweights showdown between Kimbo Slice and Roy Nelson garnered a 3.7 household rating (average of 5.3 million viewers), topping out at 6.1 million viewers during the actual fight. It was the network’s most-watched episode of an original series in its six year run.
* Rashad Evans has verbally agreed to fight Thiago Silva at UFC 108. Evans had been searching for an opponent since Rampage Jackson scrapped their highly anticipated fight so that he could star in “The A Team” movie remake as “BA Baracus”.
* Speaking of Rampage, he was recently snapped on the set of the A Team movie starring Liam Neeson, Bradley Cooper, and Jessica Biel. Surprisingly, not a bad cast! From IMDB.com, a brief synopsis of the movie is “a group of Iraq War veterans looks to clear their name with the U.S. military, who suspect the four men of committing a crime for which they were framed.” See the photos here.
* Exiled-from-UFC fighters Jason MacDonald and Travis Lutter will square off in an awfully interesting match up this evening at MFC22 in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The card also features a slew of UFC vets including Marvin Eastman, Pete Spratt, Luigi Fioravanti, David Heath, and John Alessio.
* The Nov 21 UFC 106 card in Vegas got a little more stacked with the recent announcement of three more fights. Marble mouth Ultimate Fighter Season 7 winner Amir Sadollah will take on the “New York Badass” Phil Baroni, Ben Saunders and bomb dropping Marcus Davis will match up, as well as George Sotiropoulos and Jason Dent.