* Travis Lutter worked takedowns and dominant position to score a three round decision over Jason MacDonald at the weekend’s MFC 22 in Alberta, Canada. Badly in need of wins, both fighters had lost back-to-back fights in the UFC before being bounced from that organization. UFC vets John Alessio, Mike Nickels, and Pete Spratt also picked up impressive wins. Full results listed below.
o Travis Lutter def. Jason MacDonald (Unanimous Decision)
o Antonio McKee def. Carlo Prater (Unanimous Decision)
o John Alessio def. Luigi Fioravanti (KO – Round 3 1:34)
o Mike Nickels def. David Heath (RNC Submission – Round 3 4:02)
o Ryan Jimmo def. Marvin Eastman (Split Decision)
o Pete Spratt def. Nathan Gunn (KO – Round 2 4:19)
o Dwayne Lewis def. Jared Kilkenny (TKO – Round 1 3:31)
o Jason Heit def. Paapa Inkumusha (TKO – Round 2 4:59)
o Joe Christopher def. Andrew Buckland (Choke Submission – Round 1 1:54)
o Nick Hrynchshyn def. Jesse MacDougall (TKO – Round 2 4:29)
* While it truly pains me to write this, Chuck Liddell and partner Anna Trebunskaya will take to the dance floor this evening for Round 3 of ABC’s hit “Dancing with the Stars”. Although the show boasts legit tough guys like Liddell and ex-NFLer Michael Irvin in the competition, any American male found to actually watch the show will be immediately suspected as “gay”.
* Shine International inked a global distribution deal with Strikeforce recently. The deal will allow Shine to sell over 70 hours of past content (individual and episodal fights shown on NBC and Showtime), as well as new fights through Feb 2012. Strikeforce Founder and CEO Scott Coker had this to say about the deal, “We are excited about the opportunity to bring Strikeforce fights to the homes of MMA fans throughout the world. Shine International is a world renowned leader in the international television business and, with their support, we are confident that we will be able to greatly expand the scope of the Strikeforce brand.”
* Strikeforce announced that Rich Chou will immediately assume matchmaking responsibilities for the expanding organization. An experienced grappler and MMA referee, Chou has worked in matchmaking roles for EliteXC and Rumble on the Rock and will relocate from Hawaii to San Jose, CA for the role.
* Filed under the “My God, What Was He Thinking?” category, Fedor Emelianenko reportedly married his fiancée “Marina” this past weekend. Emelianenko is scheduled for a scrap with fellow Strikeforce HW Brett Rogers Nov. 7.