* BREAKING NEWS: The Las Vegas Review-Journal is reporting that Ultimate Fighter 8 alum Junie Browning was arrested Tuesday evening and charged with three counts of battery on a health care provider. Browning was reportedly taken to St. Rose Dominican Hospital, Siena campus in Henderson, NV after ingesting up to 16 anti-anxiety pills in an attempt to harm himself. While at the hospital, Browning attempted to leave by pushing, punching, and kicking male and female nursing staff and was sadly overheard screaming “do you know who I am? I will kill you and rape your family.” Wow, this guy needs some serious help.
* Strikeforce LHW champion Gegard Mousasi recently confirmed to M-1 Global.com that he’ll be fighting – but not defending his title – on the upcoming Nov. 7 Strikeforce card. Although his opponent hasn’t been announced, two names have popped up as potential opponents – judoka Sokoudjou and Brazilian Paulo Filho. Perhaps rightfully so, Mousasi commented that he’d only fight Filho in a country with mandatory event drug testing. “We all saw what happened when he came to America,” Mousasi said. “He got beat up. Now he’s back in Japan, and he feels like a kid in a candy store. He can use all kinds of steroids, and I think the steroids have gone to his head”.
* The war-of-words continued between NFL great Hershel Walker and the UFC President Dana White. The 47 year old Strikeforce signee went so far as to challenge White to an MMA fight while appearing this week on ESPN’s “First take”. Predictably, White laughed off the challenge. “Herschel Walker, I guess he’s out there now saying he wants to fight me and everything else,” White said. “Listen, I’m 40 years old, OK, and I’m too old to fight. You’re 47. You’re way too old to fight.” No word on whether Strikeforce had any interest in signing Deacon Jones or Frank Gifford to deals.
* Rumors are swirling that “The Antidote” Mark Coleman has pulled out of his UFC 106 co-main event against Tito Ortiz. Although the fight is still listed on the UFC’s website, Coleman’s departure is said to be injury-related. Tito Ortiz himself broke the news via a Twitter post “Coleman,coleman,coleman to bad he sissies out!!! Who’s next??? I’m kicking someone’s ass on Nov 21st!”
* Paul Daley told Yahoo Europe recently that Mike Swick will be yesterday’s news after UFC 105. Predicting a winner in the matchup between Mike Swick and Dan Hardy, “Semtex” clowned Swick by stating “I’ve fought literally twice as many people as he has and I have fought better opposition than he has. His best win was against Marcus Davis and Dan beat Marcus much worse than he did with lay and pray. Dan is going to get rid of Swick in Manchester next month. You won’t hear too much about him after UFC 105.”