* Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos isn’t likely to defend her new women’s crown at the upcoming Nov. 7th CBS-televised Strikeforce event due to injury. She was rumored to meet Dutch fighter Marloes Coenen.
* It’s been announced that Joe Lauzon and Sam Stout will fight Jan. 2 at UFC 108 in Las Vegas. This will be Lauzon’s first fight back since he suffered a torn ACL and meniscus last March.
* Former drinkin’ maniac Jesse Taylor is signed for Strikeforce’s Nov. 6 “Challengers Series” event against an as-of-yet announced opponent.
* Dana White and former NFL star / recent Strikeforce signee Hershel Walker traded barbs recently. White called Walker’s foray into competitive MMA at 47 “ridiculous”. I agree.
* Inimitable Kimbo Slice slipped in a recent interview and mentioned that he was preparing for his next fight in December. Of course, The Ultimate Fighter 10: Heavyweights finale is scheduled for Dec. 5th, but, the UFC is very likely to have him fighting someone on this card regardless of his performance on the reality show due to his drawing power. Big surprise.
* Tim Sylvia had surgery on Monday for a broken right hand that he suffered against Jason Riley earlier this month. It’ll take him out of any rumored fights for the forseeable future.
* The final card has been announced for UFC 105: Couture vs. Vera on Nov. 14 in Manchester, ENG. No title fights on tap, but, the winner of an exciting matchup between Dan Hardy and Mike Swick is likely to pull a title shot against Georges St. Pierre soon.
UFC 105 Main Card (televised)
o Randy Couture vs. Brandon Vera
o Michael Bisping vs. Denis Kang
o Dan Hardy vs. Mike Swick
o Matt Brown vs. James Wilks
o Ross Pearson vs. Aaron Riley
UFC 105 Preliminary Card (certain fights may be televised)
o Terry Etim vs. Shannon Gugerty
o John Hathaway vs. Paul Taylor
o Nick Osipczak vs. Matthew Riddle
o Alexander Gustafsson vs. Jared Hamman
o Roli Delgado vs. Andre Winner